Tradition. Innovation. Excellence.
Mothercraft is Registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
As a highly specialized post-secondary institution, Mothercraft's Diploma programs offer small class sizes to allow for individualized student support and a collegial learning environment.
The College exclusively trains early learning professionals and offers an accelerated, intensive ECE Diploma program for both Canadian students and internationally trained individuals that is recognized by Ontario's College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE). This means that Mothercraft ECE graduates are eligible to become Registered Early Childhood Educators and expands their employment opportunities. Mothercraft College graduates have obtained work as teachers, supervisors, coordinators, and teaching assistants in a variety of early learning settings including child care centres, specialized settings for children with special needs, after-school programs, nursery schools, resource programs, Ontario Early Years Centres and elementary schools.
Additionally, applicants to the program can apply for Prior Learning Assessment Recognition. Partnerships in this area include an articulation agreement with CIMT College which provides advanced standing to their National Association of Career Colleges' Early Childhood Educator Assistant program graduates.
As new initiatives such as the Ontario Early Years Child and Family Centres and the Child Care Early Years Act and regulations are implemented, the demand for ECEs is expected to continue to grow. Financial assistance is available to eligible students.
With over 80 years' experience education and training, Mothercraft College is your first step in joining a rewarding, exciting and growing profession!
Some graduates come back to the Mothercraft College to continue to upgrade their skills through post-diploma seminars and workshops. Others have gone on to other academic institutes to continue towards a Bachelor degree and beyond. Mothercraft ECE graduates benefit from articulation agreements with:
- Athabasca University - Mothercraft ECE Diploma graduates are awarded 51 credits toward a Bachelors degree in Professional Arts (see statement for more details);
- Ryerson University - Mothercraft ECE Diploma graduates are awarded advanced standing in the Bachelor of Arts in ECE;
- Seneca College - Mothercraft's ECE courses are accepted, at par, in the Early Childhood Education Program at Seneca College;
- University of Guelph Humber - Mothercraft graduates are eligible to apply the 28-month Honors Bachelor of Applied Science in Early Childhood Studies Degree by completing the Guelph-Humber admissions Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) process;
- York University - Mothercraft graduates who have completed a B.A. are eligible to apply to the Consecutive Program at York University leading to a B.Ed. and an O.T.C. (Ontario Elementary Teaching Certificate in Primary-Junior Education);
- International Internship - An articulation agreement has been developed between Mothercraft and specific areas in Portugal and Belgium for international internship;
- United Kingdom – National Recognition Centre: The Mothercraft ECE Diploma program is recognized as equivalent to the CACHE Diploma in Child Care and Education (formerly NNEB); and
- Out of Province - Mothercraft training has also been recognized by the provincial licensing authorities in British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, and Quebec, and in some American states where our graduates have asked for equivalency.