CITYKIDS is a network of agencies working together to provide single point access, coordinated intake and service delivery to children with special needs and their families.
We serve children from birth to 6 years of age, and children from 6 to 12 years of age attending child care, who reside within the Greater Toronto Area.
- A child is a child first and then a child with extra support needs
- All children should have the opportunity to participate in Early Childhood programs with peers in their local community
- Together parents, child care staff, community resource staff and therapists can provide an inclusive community-based service.
Finding an appropriate program for your child or a child you support can be difficult since resources are limited.
CITYKIDS addresses these challenges by:
- Helping families find an early childhood program that will meet the developmental needs of their child
- Working with families and early childhood staff to develop and carry out programs at home and in early childhood settings
Children and families supported within CITYKIDS may receive a range of specialized services from our partner agencies that may include any or all of the following:
- Resource and Consultative support to Child Care and Early Childhood Programs
- Speech and Language Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Behaviour Consultation
- Access to Infant Development Programs
- Referral to specialized programs (Geneva Centre, Adventure Place, etc)
- Family Counseling
- Information and Referral for Developmental Assessments